Pages

Monday 21 March 2011

A Horrible Realisation

There are times when you take a long hard look at your life and realise you've become someone you don't want to be...

(...LOL jk...) (as the youth would say)

This is not one of those times.

However, I do now have to make a slightly embarrassing confession. I now have two, yes two, Justin Bieber songs on my iPod. I know, it's terrible. Truly awful. I worry about me too.

But seriously, this has all happened since seeing Never Say Never. It's definitely one of the most effective pieces of film propaganda in  recent years. I still wouldn't claim to actually like Justin Bieber, but I no longer hate him with the kind of visceral hatred I tend to reserve for reality TV stars and annoying facebook groups. And it's not that I have bad taste in music; whilst writing this blog post I've listened to Arcade Fire, Regina Spektor and Elastica. So I can only surmise that seeing Never Say Never has begun some kind of indoctrination process that could end in me sending poorly punctuated marriage proposals to The Biebersaurus (thanks James Gill for that nickname), though it probably won't.

There. I've made my confession. Please don't hate me for it Internet. I'm not going to go all Belieber on you, but maybe give Biebs a chance. He's not a lyrical genius, but Baby is damn catchy (though maybe not as catchy as this):


NB: Our flat has become a little bit obsessed with Ark Music Factory (the "production company" responsible for releasing Rebecca Black on the world) and their competitors this weekend. Consequently I can recommend  'Butterflies', for being much less annoying (and therefore better) than 'Friday'. Also it features the same in-house rapper. However, 'My Jeans' is infinitely worse, and is in many ways a damning example of the way that capitalism is crippling the morals and ideals of Western youth. Also it's an awful song.

No comments:

Post a Comment